Bright Smiles Start With a Visit to Dr. Daniel M Capponi DDS!
Napa dentist Daniel M Capponi, DDS wants you to know that preventive dental care is important throughout your life, regardless of your age! By practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with the Napa dental office of Daniel M Capponi, DDS you can help keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come.
Here are a few simple ways you can prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush by following Napa dentist Daniel M Capponi, DDS brushing instructions. Use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Also, be sure to brush the top surface of your tongue; this will remove any extra plaque-causing food particles and help keep your breath fresh!
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day using these flossing instructions provided by Napa dentist Daniel M Capponi, DDS. You can also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-causing bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. Floss and mouthwash will help remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Eat a balanced diet, and try to avoid extra-sugary treats. Nutritious foods, such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese or fruit can help keep your smile healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular checkups with your dentist every six months for a professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants, a protective plastic coating that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts.
- If you play sports, be sure to ask your dentist about special mouthguards designed to protect your smile.
If it’s been six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s time to contact Daniel M Capponi DDS and schedule your next appointment! Give us a call today at (707) 219-8940.
Had bothersome teeth. 100% taken care of. Dr. Capponi & his whole team are AWESOME!!
Brushing: Step 1
Place your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to your gum.
Brushing: Step 2
Brush gently in a circular motion.
Brushing: Step 3
Brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
Brushing: Step 4
Use the tip of your brush for the inner surface of your front teeth.
Flossing: Step 1
Wind about 18 inches of floss around your fingers as shown. Most of it should be wrapped around one finger, and as the floss is used, the other finger takes it up.
Flossing: Step 2
Use your thumbs and forefingers to guide about one inch of floss between your teeth.
Flossing: Step 3
Holding the floss tightly, gently saw the floss between your teeth. Then curve the floss into a C-shape against one tooth and gently slide it beneath your gums.
Flossing: Step 4
Slide the floss up and down, repeating for each tooth.